At Oldfield Smith & Co our commercial property management service is born from years of experience and the same absolute commitment to the very highest standards we apply to all our work.
We have invested heavily in state of the art, industry leading computer software, which allows us to track all key data in real time. Critical dates including rent reviews, lease expiries and options to determine are all diarised and tracked automatically. Rent and Service charges are accurately demanded and a comprehensive accounting system ensures that all financial information is properly recorded to the most exacting professional standards.
Client money is fully protected in properly designated accounts, which are covered by the RICS client money protection scheme, so that our landlords and tenants have absolute confidence that their funds are in safe hands.
All of our management work is tailored to meet the individual needs of the parties and the properties involved. No two instructions are the same and our systems are therefore flexible to ensure our services are always appropriate, comprehensive and provide the very best value. However, in every case, our clients have the assurance of a written contract which sets out clearly in plain English what services we are to provide, what this will cost and what matters might incur additional charges. This transparency is at the very heart of our ethos and underpins all that we do.
As Chartered Surveyors, Regulated by RICS, we offer a service which is fully compliant with the Code of Practice for service charges in commercial property, which has also been approved by the British Property Federation, The British Retail Consortium, The British Council for Offices and the Property Managers Association.
Our expert staff work closely with occupiers to ensure effective communication and that our clients’ instructions are carried out openly, fairly and objectively. This minimises disputes and fosters a positive approach to management where the value of the landlord’s investment is enhanced and the tenants can focus on their core business.
Why not compare the key benefits or our professional property management service – each instruction features :
- a written contract, setting out clearly how each site will be run and what services will be provided
- a simple and transparent charging structure, offering very competitive rates
- fixed charges for management which are not linked to expenditure
- separately identified costs for rent collection
- clear lines of reporting so our clients always know who to contact and have direct line numbers
- financial security with all work regulated by RICS and backed by their Client Money Protection Scheme
- formal budgeting, with clear financial planning
- regular maintenance and a defined strategy for repairs
- administration by experienced, knowledgeable and accessible staff
Not all managing agents are the same – we have a commitment to maintaining the value of your investment, whilst providing real value to the occupiers. For an approachable, professional service, contact Bernard Smith to discuss your requirements in confidence and without commitment or charge. We look forward to being of service to you.
your property in safe hands